Thursday, August 10, 2006

What motivates you?

The best thing about online journal keeping or blogging is, there are no set agendas. You can share whatever you want. Talk about whatever is on your mind.

Motivation is on my mind for some reason.

There are so many things to consider when talking about "motivation". Rather those things that "motivate" you. A good book, a song, friends, new life lessons, the list is really without end. Life is tiring and exhausting. Wouldn't you agree? But, there are so many little things in life that cause such immense passion on the inside of us. I can think of so many things that can create a spark of enthusiasm in the midst of a dull and otherwise normal day.

For example, what about the laughter of a child? There is nothing more special than pure laughter coming from the heart of a child. Sometimes when my kids are playing together (when they're not arguing :O), they'll begin to laugh. Not just laugh but a deep laughter of sheer joy and excitement. When I hear this, it doesn't matter what I'm doing or where I'm at in my day, I always smile! It breaks the monotony of the day, of the moment. I don't hear anything else and my mind is totally focused on one thing. Laughter! Simple as it may be, it's motivating.

Listen for the laughter around you. I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face as well :)

Proverbs 17:22 - A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine:

No comments: