Friday, August 11, 2006

Am I really surrendered to God?

Suppose you had a thousand acre farm and someone offered to buy it. You agree to see the land except for one acre right in the middle that you keep for yourself. Did you know that in some areas, so called "grandfather laws" would allow you to have continued access to that one spot? And you would also have the right to build a road across the surrounding property in order to get to that spot; even though the property doesn't belong to you. That is how it is when we make less than a 100 percent surrender to Christ's lordship. Satan only holds a small plot of ground in our lives, but because of it, he has free access at anytime he wants it.

A man once stood up in an assembly of Christians in England and told of the great blessings that he had received at a certain conference he had attended the week before. When asked to speak more specifically about what he had experienced, he said, "Well, I can say this: I was a Christian before I went. Christ was my King, but I am afraid He was a "constitutional sovereign" and I was a Prime Minister. In this country the queen gets the praise but the Prime Minister runs the country. As a result of the conference, He now runs the country."

I want God to run my life....all of my life. Not the parts I'm willing to surrender only but the parts I have a hard time surrendering to him as well. Yes, we all have those parts of our lives. I battle mine everyday. I struggle within myself to let God have all of me. Everyday I must make a decision to follow Christ. That decision puts me in a place of complete surrender. I'm no longer my own but His. I can think of no better place to live life from than in the place where Jesus reigns supreme!

No comments: