Thursday, January 18, 2007

Last year's resolution is still good, right?


Well, I've gone and done it. I've joined the local gym here in Bandera. Tonight was my first workout. I can barely feel my arms :) This is going to take some getting use to. I promised myself last year that I would begin working out again as it's been about 5 years since I steadily worked out. A year and a half ago a doctors visit revealed I had high blood pressure and at 224lbs, I was 37lbs above my "ideal" weight. When I stopped working out I was 191lbs, just 4lbs over my ideal weight of 187lbs. My goal? Get back in shape, reach my ideal weight and get off this blood pressure medicine! I know I can do it, it's going to take determination and dedication. Two things I have :) I realized how much over weight and out of shape I was on our recent trip to Colorado. I could no longer fit into my ski bibs and had to buy new ones. (don't tell anyone that!) :-) I know the oxygen is less in the higher altitude but my heavy breathing was more than lack of oxygen, it was excessive weight! I'm ready to do this and I'm going to get it done! Wish me luck :) I go back to the doctor for a routine check up on the 5th of February, I need to weigh less than my visit last year!

No comments: