Monday, September 11, 2006

We're not alone

God reminded me of a valuable truth tonight. Not only is He with us in all we do for Him but he also places special people to do the work next to us. I just left a board meeting a little bit ago and to be honest, I went into this meeting kind of feeling like I was alone. My church has been constructing a beautiful new facility for God's work for the past 3+years. Well, after such a lengthy time of building, it's beginning to wear on me physically, emotionally and spiritually. When these things begin to wear on you, you start to think singularly. As if you're the only one feeling these weights. God reminded me that I'm not the only one here. There are others that care deeply about the vision that God has given this ministry. I'm not the only one that carries it and has a deep love for it and a commitment to see it's completion. I have an entire church that shares this with me. I do believe God called me to do what I'm doing. Of that I have no doubt. My doubts are in myself sometimes. Can I really do it? Do I really have what it takes? Am I strong enough to see this through? The answers to those questions are no, no and no. I can't do it without God, I don't have what it takes apart from Christ and I'm not strong enough within myself to see this through. That's why God gives us others to work with, plan with, strategize with, struggle with, cry with and finish with.

Thank you God for where you have me right now. At this point in my life. May I always have the strength to see your work through. Even when it's difficult, even when I'M difficult. When I'm weary, weak and worn. You are faithful! When you're done with me in this work, I shall follow you to the next but not before.
Amen.

No comments: