Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Special Places

If you're anything like me, you have those special places where you love to get alone. You know, those places of quiet contemplation. I love those times of just me, my thoughts and God. No distractions, no rush.

I thought I'd share a few of mine with you.

I don't know which of these I like the best but here they are none the less.
1. My office. I can sit here for hours and do nothing but think, think, think.


2. Fool Moon Cafe. This is a new spot for me but I've quickly come to love it. I take a good book with me, order a chicken salad sandwich and just read. If you ever visit the South Texas Hill Country of Bandera, Fool Moon Cafe is a must!


3. Medina River! The Medina River makes a horseshoe bend around Bandera. The waters are calm and soft flowing. It makes for a peaceful setting to listen to God speak to my heart.


So these are my favorite spots of contemplation. I firmly believe in making an exit out of the normal routine of everyday and finding a place where you can get alone with your thoughts. Some of the greatest words God has ever spoken to my spirit are in these quite places.

If you don't already, find a place where you don't have to worry about anyone asking questions, interrupting or demanding your time. You owe it to yourself!

No comments: